Day 19


June 22, 2009

Lakeshore House runs a shuttle to Greenville for hikers to get to the gear shop located there. So, I tagged along. I needed to get some replacement parts for my pack. The hipstrap is no longer being upheld by my creative duct taping job.
Come to find out, external frame packs are quite the 'dinosaur'.
But, I happen to like dinosaurs so that's not a problem for me.
It is, however, a problem when looking for replacement parts.
So, the gear shop wasn't able to help me out, BUT the guy who ran the shuttle was. He's got an old pack back at his house that he doesn't use anymore so I'm more than welcome to take it if I need.
When we got back to the Lakeshore House, I gladly recieved the pack and immediately went into 'scavenge' mode.
I was able to change out the hip strap and such so that my hiking endeavors should be a bit more comfortable in the near future. We shall see.
The Lakeshore House is closed on Mondays, as far as the Restaurant and Bar go, but Rebekah went ahead and spoiled me by not only making me lunch, but dinner, too.
She rocks the house!
After lunch, I mailed home 4 pounds worth of gear and decided it would be a good time to take out one of the paddle boats onto Lake Hebron and make myself a nice little video.
All in all, it's been a pretty good day.
At Rebekah's urging, I'm contemplating staying an extra day tomorrow so that I can attend a Bible study with her. It sounds awfully tempting and I wouldn't be surprised if I cave in.
I'm a sucker for Bible study and sitting around all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment