Day 16

June 19, 2009

I woke up at 4:15?!?
Well, that's certainly different!
It seems Mr. Belvin has a morning ritual where he likes to get up before the sun and 'open up' some of the local coffee shops, convenient stores and restaurants around the town. Only, he was recently deemed 'too blind' to be allowed to drive himself anywhere. Oh, he could still do it, of course, but the locals aren't too happy about it when he does.
So, today, it's my good fortune to wake up and drive him in his diesel truck (good thing I used to be a valet) all around the town to visit the usual haunts.
Get this, he's such a fixture in these places that he has his own set of keys for them and he generally shows up BEFORE the places open. And, most of the time, BEFORE the employees get there. It's too bad that I'm not a coffee drinker because I certainly got the breakfast tour of a lifetime.
Needless to say, when we got back to the house, I found it delightfully easy to crawl into the trailer and take a nap.
It's a rainy day today so I found ample time to take care of my laundry.
Then, I tagged along with my gracious hosts to attend a Historical Society Benefit Dinner downtown, then finish up the festivities hanging out at The Junction.
All in all, it's been a fairly eventful and yet restful day. One more night in the trailer and I'm hittin' the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment