Day 36: Finally, a NEW state!



July 9, 2009

Today, I hike west along Route 2 all of the way to Gilead.
Here I make a video update and continue along until I come to something I was beginning to wonder even existed...
the end of Maine!
That's right, for the first time in almost 5 weeks, I cross over into a NEW state...
literally!!
NEW Hampshire!!!
At last, I FINALLY get to make my very first State Farewell Video.
Then, I keep on marching to the town of Shelburne where I find a little country church, called the Union Church. The caretaker who lives in the house behind the church was outside working and I was able to get permission from him to set up camp in the side yard of the church.
And, now that I'm officially entering into the second leg of my journey, it feels REALLY good to be in a new state. I'm actually making progress.
I sincerely hope that God is able to get some glory from my travels in Maine. Only eternity will tell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment