Day 33: Mexico



July 6, 2009

Well, the big weekend of the 4th is finally over and it's time for me to get out of Dixfield.
Now, most of the time, when people ask me where I'm hiking to, I tell them Mexico.
Well, lo and behold, as I continue west on route 2, what do I find? Mexico, Maine. Yup.
I stop for a quick break at the Master's Plan Cafe & Bookstore, the first Christian Store I've encountered on this trip.
Inside, I meet the owner, Jay, and his family. And, after MUCH Bible discussion, the next thing I know, it's almost dark outside.
How in the world did that happen?
It's all good, though, because Jay invited me to come eat dinner with his family and stay the night at his house.
Their family fills up the house pretty well so I went ahead and set up my tent in the backyard and enjoyed a restful night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment