Day 3




June 6, 2009

So, while everyone back in Texas is enjoying the 'official' grand opening of the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium with a George Strait concert, I get to hike south on Highway 1 all of the way into Monticello, Maine.
Now, normally, this sounds like an easy thing to do, but just as I get midway into town, something starts to go seriously wrong with my left heel.
It's not a 'hot spot' or a blister, it's something on the inside.
I think it's the result of carrying entirely too much weight in my pack and my foot is literally caving under the pressure.
So, I manage to hobble the rest of the way to the end of town where I joyously find The Blue Moose.
This is the first place on my trip where I'm able to access a wireless internet connection.
So, I use the opportunity to eat some lunch and loiter for a few hours, catching up on youtube, facebook, etc... and finally getting the chance to upload a few videos on-line.
The owner of the restaurant was gracious enough to offer me the back yard of the property to use as a campground and I quickly obliged.
The great thing about that is that I'm also able to pick up the wireless connection all of the way from my tent.
Good deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment