The Mission Begins


June 3, 2009

Twenty years ago today, I graduated high school.
And, now, here I am setting out to walk across America for the Gospel of Christ.
Who'da thunk it?
Yesterday, I found myself leaving my vehicle at a friends house in the St. Louis area, while she dropped me off at the airport to begin my journey.
I flew into Boston and was picked up by Dan, who drove me up to Zion Bible College in Haverhill, Massachusetts to stay with a student, named Quinn.
He works at the Rite Aid down the street, so today, I decided to take this opportunity to put on my pack and take a practice hike over to visit him at work.
I think my pack is a bit heavy.
The dry run went well and while I was there, I bought me a journal for the trip which, incidentally, is going to turn into this blog.
I, then, walked across the street to visit McDonald's while I waited for Quinn to get off work.
Once he finished up, we went back to the Bible College so I could video a quick promo for the '1 Master Christian Youtube Gathering'.
I briefly spoke to Philos71 on the phone about the promo and about the mission trip.
Then, I registered on-line at http://www.dailymugshot.com to begin the journey.
That's when Quinn and I finally hit the road and drove all of the way to Houlton, Maine.
We pulled up into the parking lot of the visitor center and slept there for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment